Are you looking for a summer filled with fun and learning in art, music, and dance? Ballet Fantastique's summer arts activity camps for kids in Eugene are specially developed to promote kids' creativity and dance skills, while also boosting learning. Ballet Fantastique is your boutique professional ballet studio.
What Sets Our Young Dancer Program Camps & Classes Apart
Kids' classes are creative and fun, with an age-appropriate dash of imagination and sparkle! Caring, expert professional teachers teach every class; Limited workshop sizes ensure lots of personal attention and a more accelerated learning environment for all students; End-of-week performance allows dancers to show and share learning; Supplementary experiences in art and music enhance learning and support student creativity!
*Early drop-off (beginning at 8:15 am) and late pick-up are available! Contact us >>
Contact us today for more information, or with any questions!
At The Academy of Ballet Fantastique, children's dance lessons in Eugene are progressive—and fun! Creative concepts and dance games and exercises build spatial awareness and coordination. Musical selections from Disney to Chopin guide learning in rhythm and melody. And our caring, top-notch professional instructors carefully coach flexibility and social skills for kids. Dance class sizes are limited to just 10 kids or fewer, and Ballet Fantastique’s beautiful dance studios and professional suspended floors ensure a nurturing environment.
No prior dance or athletic experience required, but... Warning: kids who start dancing at BFan have been known to sleep in their ballet slippers, and put on performances in their home living rooms every day of the week!
School Year Tuition & Schedule
Registration for Fall 2016 and/or the 2016-2017 School Year is now open for the Youth Dance Program, and will be accepted on a first-come, first serve basis until classes fill to capacity.
If a class has openings,
join at any time! Feel free to call us at 541-342-4611 for assistance.
BFan Kids Learn
- Spatial awareness + coordination
- Rhythm + musicality
- Grace + foundations of dance technique
- Performance skills
- Social skills
Bitsy Ballerinas (ages 2-3)
Thursdays 10-10:30 am
and/or Saturdays 10:30-11 am
Twinkling Stars (ages 4-5)
Mondays 3:15-4 pm
and/or Saturdays 9-9:45 am
Rising Stars (ages 5-7)
Mondays 4-4:45 pm
and/or Saturdays 9:45-10:30 am
(ages 6+ by audition)
Special accelerated program
Wednesdays + Saturdays
2017 Storybook Summer Dance Camps for Children (ages 2 - 9)
Learn and dance all week at Ballet Fantastique! Finish off your magical experience with a performance at the end of the week for family and friends, complete with costumes, programs, and even fancy stage make-up. Ballet Fantastique's Summer Storybook Dance Camps are Eugene's original summer dance camps for kids ages 2 and up, and offer an unbeatable combination of joyful creative motion fused with high-quality dance instruction, great value, small class sizes, and Eugene's finest professional dance teachers! Prior dance or athletic experience is welcome, but not required. Each camp day begins with a 45-minute dance class, followed by a learning activity, healthy snack, performance practice, and creative activity! Register soon for your very special, one-of-a-kind camp—class sizes are limited and these popular camps fill quickly!
Camp tuition is all-inclusive: Daily class with a professional dance teacher, healthy daily snack, crafts (including supplies, and all activities)! Also includes use of performance costume. Students will need their own dance attire and ballet slippers (see below).
Camp tuition is all-inclusive:
- Daily class with a professional dance teacher
- Healthy daily snack
- Crafts (including supplies, and all activities!)
- Also includes: use of performance costume.
- NOTE: Students will need their own dance attire and ballet slippers (see below).
Camps for Ages 2 - 3
- Thumbelina & the Bugs Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Wednesday, June 26 - 28, 9 to 11 a.m. CCD
- Teddy Bear Picnic Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Wednesday, August 21 - 23, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. ANNEX
Camps for Ages 4 - 7
- Cinderella Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, July 24 - 28, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
- Coppelia & the Toy Shop Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, August 7 - 11, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
- Peter and the Wolf Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, August 14 - 18, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
Camps for Ages 6 - 9
Students explore awareness of music, rhythm, and movement. Through classroom activities, children refine motor skills and develop creativity, social skills, and body awareness!
- Swan Lake Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, July 17 - 21, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. ANNEX
- Snow Queen Summer Dance Camp: Monday - Friday, July 31 - August 4, 9 to 11 a.m. ANNEX
Summer Bitsy Ballerinas and Danseurs class (ages 2 - 3)
Classes develop strength, creative thinking, rhythm, musicality, and expression.
- Thursdays 9:30 - 10 a.m. (30 mins)
- 6 Thursdays: July 10 - August 18: $68 for the 6-week session (with discounts for kids from the same family and option to pro-rate)
Summer Twinkling Stars classes (ages 3+)
Classes develop strength, creative thinking, rhythm, musicality, and expression.
- Tuesdays 9:15 - 10 a.m. (45 mins)
- 6 Tuesdays: July 10 - August 18: $78 for the 6-week session (with discounts for kids from the same family and option to pro-rate)
Registration is ongoing; you may enroll at any time that a camp has openings! (Before Feb. 29: $10 Early Registration Discount; After Jun. 1: $10 Late Registration Fee). Dancers must be potty-trained in order to enroll in camp.
NOTE: Camps fill quickly, and early registration is highly recommended!
- Your $25 nonrefundable Deposit will be charged at the time of enrollment, which will be directly applied towards your balance due.
- The remainder of tuition is due on or before the first day of class, and will be charged on the first day of camp/class. Please note: Ballet Fantastique does not offer refunds after the first day of camp (since activities, snacks, craft materials, and teacher time have already been paid for for your dancer), but if you are not able or choose not to complete the week, tuition credit may be used as a credit towards a future Ballet Fantastique class, camp, or performance within the next 12 months.
- There is NO Registration Fee for any summer dance camp, class, or workshop at Ballet Fantastique.
- Please contact us with any questions!
- Unless otherwise noted (e.g., full day Adventure Camps), Camp cost is $100/Storybook Camp OR $175 for any two Storybook Camps ($87.50/each) (*Must be used for the same student, non-transferrable—thanks for your understanding!) Other prices are noted above.
- This highly competitive fee is all-inclusive: Use of performance costume, stage make-up, healthy daily snack, and all classes and activities!
- Early Drop-Off/Late Pick Up (supervised activities with BFan counselors) is available for a small additional fee; please contact us.
- Please note that there are no refunds or make-ups for Summer Camp absences.
- Tuition and Deposit are non-refundable except in the case of Ballet Fantastique's decision to cancel a camp, in which tuition will either be fully refunded, or you may use tuition credit towards another camp of your choosing.
- Multiple Camp Discount: One camp for $100 or choose any two camps for $175
- Current BFan Student Discount: $10 off for current BFan students
- Early Registration Discount: $10 off when you register before Feb. 29!
- Family Discount: 10% off each additional sibling
- Referral Rewards: $25 referral credit when someone registers and credits your referral
What parents have to say
“Ballet Fantastique is top-notch, along with attention to detail, first-rate instruction, and that age-appropriate dash of imagination and sparkle!”
—Janna, parent of Anne and Kate, ages 6 and 4
"Thank you so much for teaching Isabel during her first year and a half of ballet. She has come a long way from that shy girl who used to cry in class! She has really blossomed with your patient and loving teaching style. She has also received excellent technical training. We will forever be grateful to you!"
—Deb, parent of Isabel, age 7
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- See Getting Ready for Class » for attire guidelines.
- NOTE: We recommend that dancers come to the studio with dance clothes on, ready to dance. However, students should wear appropriate street shoes and a cover-up for travel to/from the studio: ballet slippers should never be worn outside, and a cover-up should always be worn.
- Please label dance slippers and other dance equipment with student initials, so that they can be returned to you if left behind.
- Dancers are also welcome to bring a water bottle (please label with initials).
- Necklaces and bracelets are not permitted in class.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the studio on the professional dance floor; at our Annex Studio, please note that we ask kids and dancers to remove street shoes in the waiting area to keep the floor where our young children stretch and put on their shoes clean and safe. Thanks for your understanding!
- Hair should be neatly pulled back.
BALLET STUDIO COURTESIES:
- Try your best to always be on time for class.
- Strollers should be folded whenever possible and should not be left blocking walkways.
- Children should not run on the premises and are expected to use their indoor voices.
- Please be sure to clean up after eating.
- We do our best to keep the school a nut-free zone. Please only bring nut-free snacks into the ballet school.
- Valuables should not be left unattended. The school is not responsible for lost articles.
- We appreciate your help in keeping the studio clean and safe.
- NOTE: We've found in many years of dance education that children do best in dance class when parents and family members leave the studio (and waiting area space) during class to maximize focus and minimize distraction for all young students. Thank you for helping us promote student learning.