Summer Intensive Programs (age 8 & up)
Reach your greatest potential in dance
Inspire your potential as a dancer in the beautiful Pacific Northwest at the Academy of Ballet Fantastique’s Summer Intensive Programs. In a highly unique program limited to just 12 students per level, immerse yourself in the internationally-recognized Vaganova Syllabus, which has trained the best dancers in the world (including Pavlova, Baryshnikov, and current artists in almost every ballet company in the country).
- Perfect your technique, amplify your artistry, and clarify your musicality—in classes with just nine other dancers
- Become a more confident, well-rounded, powerful dancer with Ballet Fantastique's inimitable fusion of classical ballet coaching, detail-oriented artistry and musicality, and bold contemporary ballet choreography
- Build your confidence with solo and ensemble variations coaching and an end-of-summer performance (students who attend all six weeks only)
- Broaden your perspective with electives (Modern, Character, Partnering, etc.) and seminars including Performance Prep, Nutrition, and even Ballet in College.
- Make the most out of your summer with optional private coaching (additional cost; info by request).
Summer Intensive Level I: June 25 - July 6 (ages 8-12)
This two week intensive is designed for young dancers ages 8 and up with previous dance experience. Students will take daily technique classes, pointe, pre-pointe, contemporary dance, modern, character, and conditioning classes.
Monday-Friday 11am-3pm $250/week or $450 for two weeks
Summer Intensive Level II: June 25 - July 20 (ages 10+ by audition)
This four week intensive is designed for the serious dancer! In Ballet Fantastique’s highly motivated Summer Intensive, students will become stronger, more artistic, and more musical athletes and performers. They will learn how to work with their own bodies by accentuating their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses. They will gain flexibility, stamina, more detailed articulation and movement clarity, artistic intuition, presence, technical prowess, and confidence. We seek dancers who demonstrate passion, dedication, and a serious interest in ballet, as well as focus and stamina.Auditions are required for all dancers for this summer intensive, except those currently enrolled in the Professional Division of The Academy of Ballet Fantastique. Schedule your audition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday-Friday 11am-4:30pm $350/week or $1400 for 4 weeks. $100 discount if registration received before 5/31/18. Full, partial, and merit scholarships available. Please email email@example.com for more information
Summer Intensive Level III: June 25-July 20 (ages 13+ by audition)
This four week intensive is designed for advanced dancers who have a passion for dance, and a serious interest in ballet. In Ballet Fantastique’s highly motivated Summer Intensive, students will become stronger, more artistic, and more musical athletes and performers. They will learn how to work with their own bodies by accentuating their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses. They will gain flexibility, stamina, more detailed articulation and movement clarity, artistic intuition, presence, technical prowess, and confidence. Auditions are required for all dancers for this summer intensive, except those currently enrolled in the Professional Division of The Academy of Ballet Fantastique. Schedule your audition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm $1680 for 4 weeks. $100 discount if registration received before 5/31/18. Full, partial, and merit scholarships available. Please email email@example.com for more information
Professional Development & Apprentice Program: July 9- July 20 (ages 16-20, by audition)
Highly qualified dancers who exhibit talent and professionalism during this two week Ballet Fantastique Summer Intensive, may be invited to attend Company classes and rehearsals after the end of the program. To learn more about this program, contact Hannah Bontrager at firstname.lastname@example.org
ROOM & BOARD
Students who do not live in the area may live with host families for $200/wk. The fee includes room/board as well as 3 meals a day, plus snacks and travel to and from the studio. (Students may also stay at a local hotel or make their own living arrangements. Please contact us for more details.) Weekend trips (e.g., Oregon Coast) are planned for out-of-area dancers.
- Challenging daily Technique classes in authentic Russian Vaganova Ballet Training with Ballet Fantastique's professional coaching faculty
- Classical/Contemporary Variations (experience with soloist and small ensemble work, building performance confidence)
- Deep Stretch, Pilates, and Conditioning for Dancers
- Electives (Contemporary Ballet Repertoire, Partnering, Modern, Character etc.)
- Professional Seminars (Nutrition, Ballet History, Music for Dancers, Performance Prep, Hair/Stage Makeup, Vocabulary, Costume Design, Introductory Kinesiology, etc.)
- Plus, perform with Ballet Fantastique's critically-acclaimed professional Chamber Ballet Company at the end of the summer!
- Optional private coaching (additional cost; contact us for details)
All Workshops: Important Details
- Workshop Sizes: Workshop sizes are limited to just twelve students each to ensure extensive personal attention.
- Our Instructors: Workshop participants benefit from Ballet Fantastique's incredible roster of expert professional coaches and instructors.
- Tuition & Fees/Continuing Student Discounts: A significant discount for continuing students is available only to currently-enrolled year-round Academy of Ballet Fantastique students (must enroll before deadline; must enroll for the entire workshop--all sessions). Attendance at all weeks offered for a program session is highly recommended; weekly rates are available in coordination with Ballet Fantastique’s Academy Registrar, but are higher than the discounted full-session tuition. Please contact us with questions.
- Installments: You are welcome to pay summer intensive fees in two equal payments with no penalty (due July 5 and August 5).
- Deposit: $100 non-refundable registration deposit ($50 for continuing students) due at time of registration will be applied towards tuition). NOTE: There is NO annual registration fee for any Summer Dreamworks camp, class, or workshop (fee mentioned on registration form refers to school year classes only). With registration, you will be charged your deposit fee only, which will be applied directly toward your balance due.
- Registration Deadline: June 5 (registrations after June 5, add $25 late fee)
- Referral Discount: $25 off tuition when a new student registers and indicates your referral.
- CONTACT US: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and/or financial need.
*Note: Placement at Ballet Fantastique is (uniquely) by level, not by age. Our intensives are about each student's growth, not about dollars and cents
Daily schedules and tuition amounts will be released to enrolled students or by request; please Contact us.
A non-refundable deposit of $100 (new students) or $50 (Academy of Ballet Fantastique students) is due at the time of registration.