Summer Intensive Programs (ages 8 & up)
Reach your greatest potential in dance
Inspire your potential as a dancer in the beautiful Pacific Northwest at the Academy of Ballet Fantastique’s Summer Intensive Programs in courses of just 15 students or fewer.
- In a highly unique program limited to just 15 students per level, immerse yourself in the internationally-recognized Vaganova Syllabus, which has trained the best dancers in the world (including Pavlova, Baryshnikov, and current artists in almost every ballet company in the country) under BFan's incredible international professional coaching faculty.
- Perfect your technique, amplify your artistry, and clarify your musicality—in classes with just nine other dancers
- Become a more confident, well-rounded, powerful dancer with Ballet Fantastique's inimitable fusion of classical ballet coaching, detail-oriented artistry and musicality, and bold contemporary ballet choreography
- Build your confidence with solo and ensemble variations coaching and an end-of-summer performance (students who attend all six weeks only)
- Broaden your perspective with electives (Modern, Character, Partnering, etc.) and seminars including Performance Prep, Nutrition, and even Ballet in College.
Make the most out of your summer with optional private coaching (additional cost; info by request).
Challenging daily Technique classes in authentic Russian Vaganova Ballet
Classical & Contemporary Variations
Deep Stretch/Yoga, CoreSculpt, and Conditioning for Dancers
Electives (Contemporary Ballet Repertoire, Partnering, Modern, Character etc.)
Professional Seminars (Nutrition for Dancers, Dance History, The Great Ballets, Music for Dancers, Performance Prep, Vocabulary, Kinesiology, and more)
Optional private coaching (additional cost; contact us for details)
Program showcase at the state-of-the-art Wildish Theater, where The Academy of Ballet Fantastique is a proud resident company and performs regularly.
Summer Intensive Level I: June 25 - July 6 (ages 8-12)
This two week intensive is designed for young dancers ages 8 and up with previous dance experience. Students will take daily technique classes, pointe, pre-pointe, contemporary dance, modern, character, and conditioning classes.
Monday-Friday 11am-3pm $250/week or $450 for two weeks
Summer Intensive Level II: June 25 - July 20 (ages 10+ by audition)
This four week intensive is designed for the serious dancer! In Ballet Fantastique’s highly motivated Summer Intensive, students will become stronger, more artistic, and more musical athletes and performers. They will learn how to work with their own bodies by accentuating their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses. They will gain flexibility, stamina, more detailed articulation and movement clarity, artistic intuition, presence, technical prowess, and confidence. We seek dancers who demonstrate passion, dedication, and a serious interest in ballet, as well as focus and stamina.Auditions are required for all dancers for this summer intensive, except those currently enrolled in the Professional Division of The Academy of Ballet Fantastique. Schedule your audition by emailing email@example.com.
Monday-Friday 11am-4:30pm $350/week or $1400 for 4 weeks. $100 discount if registration received before 5/31/18. Full, partial, and merit scholarships available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Summer Intensive Level III: June 25-July 20 (ages 13+ by audition)
This four week intensive is designed for advanced dancers who have a passion for dance, and a serious interest in ballet. In Ballet Fantastique’s highly motivated Summer Intensive, students will become stronger, more artistic, and more musical athletes and performers. They will learn how to work with their own bodies by accentuating their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses. They will gain flexibility, stamina, more detailed articulation and movement clarity, artistic intuition, presence, technical prowess, and confidence. Auditions are required for all dancers for this summer intensive, except those currently enrolled in the Professional Division of The Academy of Ballet Fantastique. Schedule your audition by emailing email@example.com.
Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm $1680 for 4 weeks. $100 discount if registration received before 5/31/18. Full, partial, and merit scholarships available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Professional Development & Apprentice Program: July 9- July 27 (ages 18+, by audition)
Highly qualified dancers who exhibit talent and professionalism during this three-week Summer Intensive may be invited to attend Company classes and rehearsals after the end of the program. To learn more about this program, contact Assistant to the Artistic Director, Jessica Jaye Mackinson (541-342-4611 or email@example.com).
ROOM & BOARD
Housing for advanced dancers ages 16+ is available through the University of Oregon dormitories, including upgraded suites on campus (2 per room) with an in-room private bathroom and shower shared with only one roommate. The fee includes 2 meals a day; housing is within an easy, direct bus ride to the studio (students will be asked to create their own transportation plans, with support from the Ballet Fantastique admin team).
Housing for dancers under the ages of 16: Available with BFan Academy host families starting at $250/week. Please contact us for more details.
Students may also stay at a local hotel or make their own living arrangements.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT ALL WORKSHOPS
- Workshop Sizes: Workshop sizes are limited to just 15 students each to ensure extensive personal attention.
- Our Faculty: Workshop participants benefit from Ballet Fantastique's incredible roster of expert professional coaches and instructors.
- Tuition & Fees/Continuing Student Discounts: A significant discount for continuing students is available only to currently-enrolled year-round Academy of Ballet Fantastique students (must enroll before deadline; must enroll for the entire workshop--all sessions). Attendance at all weeks offered for a program session is highly recommended; weekly rates may be available in coordination with Ballet Fantastique’s Academy Operations Director Jessica Jaye Mackinson, but are higher than the discounted full-session tuition. Please contact us with questions.
- Installments: Installment plans are available. Please contact Academy Billing Specialist Dianna Pounder for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deposit: Amount varies by program. All deposits are nonrefundable, required to register, and will be applied towards Workshop tuition.
- Registration Deadline: Varies by program. A late fee for registrations after the deadline may be applied.
- Referral Discount: $25 off tuition when a new student registers and indicates your referral.
- CONTACT US: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and/or financial need.
*Note: Because our intensives are about each student's growth, placement at Ballet Fantastique is (uniquely) by level, not by age.
Daily schedules and tuition amounts will be released to enrolled students or by request; please Contact Us.