Summer Intensive Programs (age 7 & up)
Reach your greatest potential in dance
Inspire your potential as a dancer in the beautiful Pacific Northwest at the Academy of Ballet Fantastique’s Summer Intensive Program (ages 7-19; Professional Dancer Development Program ages 16-24). In a highly unique program limited to just ten students per level, immerse yourself in the internationally-recognized Vaganova Syllabus, which has trained the best dancers in the world (including Pavlova, Baryshnikov, and current artists in almost every ballet company in the country). Under the direction of dynamic, hands-on Ballet Fantastique coaches, you’ll:
NEW!! Youth Contemporary Workshop
In this fun workshop for ages 8 - 13, students will explore musicality, coordination, basic footwork, improvisation, and style in contemporary techniques including contemporary ballet, modern, jazz, musical theater, conditioning, and even choreography/improvisation. Students will receive exceptional training while also experiencing the wider world of dance. Each day includes a custom (and fun!) mix of classes. As always, The Academy of Ballet Fantastique's professional instructors engage students with tasteful and age-appropriate musical selections and movement content. Beginners welcome!
Cost: $125 for each workshop or $200 for both
Artist Adventure Camp
Dance enthusiasts ages 7-12 explore a variety of dance forms, choreography, and visual arts projects in a full-day camp experience. The week-long session is a fun, in-depth exploration of the arts, and campers will venture on various arts field trips, including to the Hult Center, MECCA, and more!
- Perfect your technique, amplify your artistry, and clarify your musicality—in classes with just nine other dancers
- Become a more confident, well-rounded, powerful dancer with Ballet Fantastique's inimitable fusion of classical ballet coaching, detail-oriented artistry and musicality, and bold contemporary ballet choreography
- Build your confidence with solo and ensemble variations coaching and an end-of-summer performance (students who attend all six weeks only)
- Broaden your perspective with electives (Modern, Character, Partnering, etc.) and seminars including Performance Prep, Nutrition, and even Ballet in College. Advanced and Professional dancers also participate in a unique guided professional photo shoot and resume-writing class to build their college/company audition portfolio!
- Make the most out of your summer with optional private coaching (additional cost; info by request).
In this Ballet Fantastique’s highly motivated Summer Intensive, students will become stronger, more artistic, and more musical athletes and performers. They will learn how to work with their own bodies by accentuating their strengths and strengthening their weaknesses. They will gain flexibility, stamina, more detailed articulation and movement clarity, artistic intuition, presence, technical prowess, and confidence.
Auditions are required for all dancers, except those currently enrolled in the Professional Division of The Academy of Ballet Fantastique. We seek dancers who demonstrate passion, dedication, and a serious interest in ballet, as well as focus and stamina. Acceptance notifications will be within 3 weeks; students will be placed in the appropriate level upon acceptance into the program.
ROOM & BOARD
Students who do not live in the area may live with host families for $200/wk. The fee includes room/board as well as 3 meals a day, plus snacks and travel to and from the studio. (Students may also stay at a local hotel or make their own living arrangements. Please contact us for more details.) Weekend trips (e.g., Oregon Coast) are planned for out-of-area dancers.
- Challenging daily Technique classes in authentic Russian Vaganova Ballet Training with Ballet Fantastique's professional coaching faculty
- Classical/Contemporary Variations (experience with soloist and small ensemble work, building performance confidence)
- Deep Stretch, Pilates, and Conditioning for Dancers
- Electives (Contemporary Ballet Repertoire, Partnering, Modern, Character etc.)
- Professional Seminars (Nutrition, Ballet History, Music for Dancers, Performance Prep, Hair/Stage Makeup, Vocabulary, Costume Design, Introductory Kinesiology, etc.)
- Plus, perform with Ballet Fantastique's critically-acclaimed professional Chamber Ballet Company at the end of the summer!
- Optional private coaching (additional cost; contact us for details)
All Workshops: Important Details
- Workshop Sizes: Workshop sizes are limited to just ten students each to ensure extensive personal attention.
- Our Instructors: Workshop participants benefit from Ballet Fantastique's incredible roster of expert professional coaches and instructors.
- Tuition & Fees/Continuing Student Discounts: A significant discount for continuing students is available only to currently-enrolled year-round Academy of Ballet Fantastique students (must enroll before deadline; must enroll for the entire workshop--all sessions). Attendance at all weeks offered for a program session is highly recommended; weekly rates are available in coordination with Ballet Fantastique’s Academy Registrar, but are higher than the discounted full-session tuition. Please contact us with questions.
- Installments: You are welcome to pay summer intensive fees in two equal payments with no penalty (due July 5 and August 5).
- Activities Fee (optional--intended for out-of-area students): $250
- Deposit: $100 non-refundable registration deposit ($50 for continuing students) due at time of registration will be applied towards tuition). NOTE: There is NO annual registration fee for any Summer Dreamworks camp, class, or workshop (fee mentioned on registration form refers to school year classes only). With registration, you will be charged your deposit fee only, which will be applied directly toward your balance due.
- Registration Deadline: June 5 (registrations after June 5, add $25 late fee)
- Referral Discount: $25 off tuition when a new student registers and indicates your referral.
- CONTACT US: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and/or financial need.
2017 SUMMER INTENSIVE DATES
*Note: Placement at Ballet Fantastique is (uniquely) by level, not by age. Our intensives are about each student's growth, not about dollars and cents.
- Professional Dancer Development Program (Advanced-Pro, Vaganova V-VII): July 10-August 18, Monday-Friday from 10 am-4 pm (optional student teaching workshops in the morning beginning daily at 9 am, company rehearsals TBA), 6 weeks (includes technical exam, photo shoot, and performance)
- Concerto/Demi Corps Conservatory Program (Intermediate-Advanced, Vaganova Level III-IV): July 10-August 18, Monday-Friday from 10 am-4 pm (optional student teaching workshops in the morning beginning daily at 9 am), 6 weeks (includes technical exam, photo shoot, and performance)
- Ovation/Young Ballerina Summer Intensive (Beginning-Intermediate, Vaganova Level II with Pointe): July 10-August 18, Monday-Friday from 11 am-3:15 pm , 6 weeks (includes technical exam, photo shoot, and performance)
- Bravo Summer Intensive with Dance Fundamentals Workshop (Accelerated Beginning, Vaganova Level IB with Pre-Pointe or Boys' Class): July 24-August 18, Monday-Friday from 12:45-3:15, 4 weeks (includes technical exam, photo shoot, and performance)
- Mini-Intensive/Ballet Boot Camp (includes in-studio performance for friends and family + creative activities and field trip): Click here
Daily schedules and tuition amounts will be released to enrolled students or by request; please Contact us.
New students will be placed in the appropriate level upon acceptance into the program.
A non-refundable deposit of $100 (new students) or $50 (Academy of Ballet Fantastique students) is due at the time of registration.