Are you looking for a summer filled with fun and learning in art, music, and dance?
Ballet Fantastique's summer camps for kids are specially developed to promote kids' creativity and dance skills in a professional boutique environment.
Summer Storybook Camps are creative and fun, with an age-appropriate dash of imagination and sparkle! Caring, expert professional teachers teach every class. Limited workshop sizes ensure lots of personal attention and a more accelerated learning environment for all students. Supplementary experiences in art and music enhance learning and support student creativity!
At The Academy of Ballet Fantastique, children's dance lessons in Eugene are progressive—and fun! Creative concepts and dance games and exercises build spatial awareness and coordination. Musical selections from Disney to Chopin guide learning in rhythm and melody. And our caring, top-notch professional instructors carefully coach flexibility and social skills for kids. Dance class sizes are limited to just 12 kids or fewer, and Ballet Fantastique’s beautiful dance studios and professional suspended floors ensure a nurturing environment.
No prior dance or athletic experience required, but... Warning: kids who start dancing at BFan have been known to sleep in their ballet slippers, and put on performances in their home living rooms every day of the week!
2018 Summer Storybook Camps for Children (ages 4 - 7)
Learn and dance all week at Ballet Fantastique! Ballet Fantastique's Summer Storybook Dance Camps are Eugene's original summer dance camps for kids ages 4 - 7, and offer an unbeatable combination of joyful creative motion fused with high-quality dance instruction, great value, small class sizes, and Eugene's finest professional dance teachers! Each camp day begins with a 45-minute dance class, followed by a learning activity, performance practice, and craft! Register soon for your very special, one-of-a-kind camp—class sizes are limited and these popular camps fill quickly! Students will need their own dance attire and ballet slippers.
BFan Kids Learn
- Spatial awareness + coordination
- Rhythm + musicality
- Grace + foundations of dance technique
- Performance skills
- Social skills
July 9 - 13, Monday- Friday 11:00am - 1:00pm at the Annex Studio
Cinderella: Bring your dancing shoes...and try not to lose one! Bring this ballet to life through dance, music, crafts, and performance. Practice your plies, twirls, and leaps, as your prepare for a special performance at the end of the week for families and friends.
July 16 - 20, Monday - Friday 11:00am - 1:00pm at the Annex Studio
Aladdin stands out as one of the most famous stories from "The Book of One Thousand and One Nights". Fly on a magic carpet, and dance through this adventurous tale! Students will be introduced to Ballet Fantastique's re-imagining of Aladdin, set to the music of Queen.
Alice in Wonderland
July 23 - 27, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 11:00am at the Annex Studio
Join us as we bring the vivid visions of Lewis Carroll to life! Follow Alice down the rabbit hole through a journey filled with theatrical invention, puppets, and playful movement games.
July 30 - August 3, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 11:00am at the Annex Studio
Kapow! Zapp! Up up and away! Fly, leap, and bound as we learn the ways of our favorite superheroes. Dancers will become stronger, faster, and more powerful after each lesson!
August 6 - 10, Monday - Friday 9:00am- 11:00am at the Annex Studio
Swan Lake: Bring this ballet to life through dance, music, crafts, and performance. Spread your wings and practice your plies, twirls, and leaps! Create crafts throughout the week and dance in a special performance at the end of the week for families and friends.
Registration is ongoing; you may enroll at any time that a camp has openings! (Before March 1: $10 Early Registration Discount; After Jun. 1: $10 Late Registration Fee). Dancers must be potty-trained in order to enroll in camp. NOTE: Camps fill quickly, and early registration is highly recommended!
- Camp fees will be charged at the time of enrollment, and includes a $25 non-refundable deposit. Our cancellation policy is: 30 days' notice -- 100% refund less the $25 deposit; 14 days' notice -- 50% refund less the $25 deposit. There are no refunds past the 14-day notification period.
- Ballet Fantastique does not offer refunds beyond the above schedule since activities, snacks, craft materials, and teacher time have already been paid for for your dancer. If you are not able or choose not to complete the week, tuition credit may be used as a credit towards a future Ballet Fantastique class, camp, or performance within the next 12 months.
- There is NO Registration Fee for any summer dance camp, class, or workshop at Ballet Fantastique.
- Please contact us with any questions!
- Camp cost is $100/Storybook Camp OR $175 for any two Storybook Camps ($87.50/each) (*Must be used for the same student, non-transferrable—thanks for your understanding!) Other prices are noted above.
- Early Drop-Off/Late Pick Up (supervised activities with BFan counselors) may be available for a small additional fee; please contact us.
- Please note that there are no refunds or make-ups for Summer Camp absences.
- Tuition and Deposit are non-refundable except in the case of Ballet Fantastique's decision to cancel a camp, in which tuition will either be fully refunded, or you may use tuition credit towards another camp of your choosing.
- Multiple Camp Discount: One camp for $100 or choose any two camps for $175
- Current BFan Student Discount: $10 off for current BFan students
- Early Registration Discount: $10 off when you register before Feb. 28!
- Family Discount: 10% off each additional sibling
- Referral Rewards: $25 referral credit when someone registers and credits your referral
What parents have to say
“Ballet Fantastique is top-notch, along with attention to detail, first-rate instruction, and that age-appropriate dash of imagination and sparkle!”
—Janna, parent of Anne and Kate, ages 6 and 4
"Thank you so much for teaching Isabel during her first year and a half of ballet. She has come a long way from that shy girl who used to cry in class! She has really blossomed with your patient and loving teaching style. She has also received excellent technical training. We will forever be grateful to you!"
—Deb, parent of Isabel, age 7
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- See Getting Ready for Class » for attire guidelines.
- NOTE: We recommend that dancers come to the studio with dance clothes on, ready to dance. However, students should wear appropriate street shoes and a cover-up for travel to/from the studio: ballet slippers should never be worn outside, and a cover-up should always be worn.
- Please label dance slippers and other dance equipment with student initials, so that they can be returned to you if left behind.
- Dancers are also welcome to bring a water bottle (please label with initials).
- Necklaces and bracelets are not permitted in class.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the studio on the professional dance floor; at our Annex Studio, please note that we ask kids and dancers to remove street shoes in the waiting area to keep the floor where our young children stretch and put on their shoes clean and safe. Thanks for your understanding!
- Hair should be neatly pulled back.
BALLET STUDIO COURTESIES:
- Try your best to always be on time for class.
- Strollers should be folded whenever possible and should not be left blocking walkways.
- Children should not run on the premises and are expected to use their indoor voices.
- Please be sure to clean up after eating.
- We do our best to keep the school a nut-free zone. Please only bring nut-free snacks into the ballet school.
- Valuables should not be left unattended. The school is not responsible for lost articles.
- We appreciate your help in keeping the studio clean and safe.
- NOTE: We've found in many years of dance education that children do best in dance class when parents and family members leave the studio (and waiting area space) during class to maximize focus and minimize distraction for all young students. Thank you for helping us promote student learning.